What's it like working at Inovae
Working at Inovae means joining a multi-cultural team of passionate people.
- We're a distributed Drupal-shop based in Geneva, Budapest and Cluj. We hire the best talents, wherever they are!
- Flexible working hours. More of a morning person? Or you prefer a long lunch, or perhaps working around your kids' schedule? Whatever works for you, works for us.
- Bi-annual company meetups. It's good to meet face-to-face once in a while. Which is why we fly the whole team to one of the cities we work in, twice a year, for a full week of workshops and sightseeing.
- Meaningful work. Our main focus is working for NGOs. We like helping clients on a mission to make this world a better place!
- Great people. We strive to keep things laid back and friendly around here. We have a very flat structure, and all team members have a say in where the company is heading.
- Keep on learning. In an ever changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're always helping our team to acquire them.
A little more about Inovae
Inovae is a major Drupal shop in Switzerland. Our main offices are based in Geneva, and we've been doing Drupal for over 9 years. We deliver web sites and web applications, from corporate websites to large intranet and collaboration tools. We work with many international organisations with high expectations. This means we are constantly pushing Drupal to new heights.
Prefer working in an office?
Our headquarter offices are in the city center of Geneva, and we rent coworking spaces in other cities if our team members want to.
We are looking for a passionate Back-End Developer who masters the art of PHP development. Your main tasks will be:
- Writing clean, robust, and efficient PHP code, compliant with Drupal/PSR standards
- Working closely with the business analyst to find the best possible solutions to given problems
- Excellent OOP PHP skills (Composer and PHPUnit knowledge a big plus)
- Good English skills, written and spoken
- Excellent collaboration skills
- A focus on details and quality
- Drupal 7 or preferably Drupal 8 experience
- Drupal.org contributions
- Drupal site-building techniques (Views, Panels, Paragraphs, etc)
- Good DevOps skills (Docker, Jenkins, Ansible)
- Solr and/or Elasticsearch skills
- Knowledge about web accessibility standards
- JS knowledge
- HTML/CSS knowledge
- French conversational skills
The impact you'll have
We mainly work for international organizations based in Geneva, Switzerland. As such, we tend to work for many NGOs whose mission it is to make our world a better place. We strive to provide great, user-centric, award-winning digital solutions, and build long term relationships with our clients. Our clients, just to name a few, include the Union for International Cancer Control, the World Health Organization, HUG (public hospital of Geneva) and the International School of Geneva.
You will be part of a team that builds solutions not just for the fun of it, but who values the literal impact we can have in the daily lives of thousands of people.
Skills we value
As a mainly distributed team, we value enthusiasm and passion, as well as a strong ability to self-direct one's work. While we do have offices in Geneva, Switzerland, many of us like working remotely. This means strong communication skills are a must. Furthermore, working in an ever evolving industry, we value people that are profoundly curious and enjoy new challenges.
To sum up:
- Enthusiasm and passion for what you do
- Good communication skills
- Ability to self-direct your work
- Curious and willing to learn new things
- Open minded and positive