The Corporate pages of the IAEA web site were migrated to Drupal last November. A plan is in place to migrate the content of the rest of the IAEA to this system under a one-house approach, but adopting a decentralized publishing model. This necessitates the development of various new modules and workflows, therefore the IAEA is looking for external help to support in-house development resources.
Functions / Key Results Expected
In line with the above goals, the Consultant will:
- Create specifications for, develop and test new functionality for the IAEA.org web site.
- Fix bugs for the IAEA.org web site to ensure the site is in good working order.
- Carry out Quality Assurance.
- Improve the security of the IAEA.org web site and implement relevant patch modules.
- Commit clean code, with extensive in-line documentation.
- Help to write and keep up-to-date comprehensive documentation of the IAEA.org web site codebase.
- Other related tasks as required.
Based on the duties above, the Consultant will provide the following deliverables:
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software development, web programming or a related field.
- Minimum of two years of experience with Drupal module development, Drupal best programming practices and working knowledge of main hooks.
- Extensive experience developing custom Drupal themes (theme, preprocess, phptemplate hooks, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge (programmers prospective) of commonly used Drupal modules, such as Views, CCK, Taxonomy, Features, etc.
- Experience with version control (GIT), such as creating branches, tags, etc. and working in a multi-developer environment.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with cross browser web development for IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome.
- Familiarity with principles of responsive web design and HTML/CSS/JS frameworks (Bootstrap).
- Strong work ethic, ability to be self-directed and self-motivated.
The remuneration for this post is a daily fee of up to a maximum of €400, based on qualifications and experience.
To apply and full list of conditions: https://iaea.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=TAL-OPIC201505...